St Colmcilles GFC, Swords

Founded 1935

Dublin

Club History

Saint Colmcilles G.A.A. Football Club was founded in 1935 in Swords Co. Dublin. We started out with no facilities for the players and shared football pitches with other clubs in the area. From Kettles Lane to Mountgorry to Balheary. In the early days the players had to ‘Tog Out’ in a hut or shed and even in the open field. The club has always been associated with the ‘Top Of The Town’ as that is where the founders of the club came from.

The men who started the club all them years ago were, Jerry Daly and John ”The Brown” Dardis from Rathingle, and Mr. Thomas and Mr. Lowdnes from the Forest Road.

The current club president is Thomas 'Danno' Reilly and the chairman is Kevin Daly.

The clubhouse and playing fields are located at Hollybanks, Glen Ellen Road Swords. facilities in the clubhouse are - Large hall available for classes and indoor training, changing rooms and meeting rooms. . You can email here secretary.stcolmcilles.dublin@gaa.ie

The club bar is open to members and non members. The drink prices in the club house is the same as other bars in Swords and cheaper for their members. There is music in the club bar on occasion. There’s a pool table and dart board.

Download ClubZap

Get live information for Club on the ClubZap App

App Store Google Play